You were born without limits!
We don’t believe in limits as we enter the world. If that was the case we would have never made it in the first place… way too much competition!
We entered this world as fighters and conquerors!
“No, Johnny! Don’t touch that! Don’t do that…” For most of us, these are the first words we ever hear. We don’t know how to walk or talk and limits are being imposed on us from the get-go.
Got a Virus
As we grow up we gather information into our database – our mind! That information comes from our family, our school, neighborhood, church and personal experiences.
If someone failed us or if we had bad experiences with finances, relationships and other realities, that “virus-infected” information is also added to our database. Unfortunately, the the negative memories tend to infect other areas of our thought world.
It’s amazing how one negative and limited thought in one area of our life can contaminate other parts of us!
Need an Anti-Virus
Here are three antidotes for negative and limiting thoughts… Norton and McAffe have nothing on this!
- Nothing has control over your mind unless you yield control to it.
- A limiting or negative thought is just that – limited! It does not operate in everyone’s mind. It only moves and operates in those who welcome and allow it.
- Whatever you are aware of you can control… whatever you are unaware of controls you.
The moment you confront the bad thoughts and disallow their operation they must cease all activity! You can only confront thoughts you’re aware of.
Fortunately, increasing the awareness of your thought world will help you reach a healthy thought life.
Taking the Lid Off Limits
Learn to confront every single limiting thought about you, your family and others. Confront them with questions such as:
- Where did this limit originate?
- Who is imposing this limit?
- Is it me? My spouse? Someone else? Something else?
- How do this limit affect my life, career and relationships?
Remove the lid, take it off and live life just the way you entered this world – leading yourself to live among millions, fighting the odds and without limits!
What are some ways that you’ve taken the lid off your limits?